Downtown Market Hosting Annual Winter Wonderland Event on Dec. 7
Posted on November 29, 2016 by Erin Cataldo
Next Wednesday, the Grand Rapids Downtown Market officially kicks off the holiday season with the annual Winter Wonderland Open House, a family event perfect for kids and adults to get in the spirit of the season.
From 4-8 p.m. on December 7, families can enjoy a free evening of holiday cheer at the Market, including visits with Santa and special deals from Market businesses.
Free activities during the Winter Wonderland Open House include:
- Holiday artisan market, featuring 30+ local entrepreneurs and artisans
- Visits with Santa in the greenhouse (4-8 p.m.)
- Opportunity to write and “mail” letters to Santa
- Cookie decorating
- Festive holiday food and beverage demonstrations
- Dickens Carolers dressed in Old English garb performing throughout the Market, and Holiday’s Cheer carolers performing throughout the evening
- Holiday cocktail bar serving beer, wine and specialty drinks made with ingredients from the Market
- Clothing donation opportunity to benefit Degagé Ministries
- An extra hour of shopping, with all Market businesses open until 8 p.m.
Special deals from Market Hall businesses, valid only Dec. 7, 4-8 p.m., include:
- Michigan Pantry - $5 off any $30 purchase and free gift wrapping
- Rocket Pies - $2 off all craft beer and wine all night, and $10 Margherita pizza and wine/beer
- Love’s Ice Cream – Peppermint Stick Ice Cream available (limited time only!)
- Field & Fire – T-shirts on sale for $10
- Malamiah Juice Bar – Holiday Apple Steamer available (limited time only!)
- Spice Merchants – Double punch bonuses for tea and spice purchases
About the Grand Rapids Downtown Market
The Grand Rapids Downtown Market is the region’s choice for fresh, delicious foods and amazing public market merchants. The Market is a $30 million, self-sustaining, LEED Gold-certified, mixed-use facility that brings together production, distribution, marketing and education about local foods and growing. It incorporates entrepreneur and experimentation space for both emerging and experienced food artisans and merchants including a 24-vendor Market Hall and two full-service restaurants. More at www.downtownmarketgr.com.
# # #
CONTACT: Erin Cataldo, 810-423-0017, firstname.lastname@example.org