Go beyond "eating local" and explore the renewed interest in hunting for your meal and preparing your bounty at home. Experience the wilder side of cooking using Michigan grown products as you participate in this hands-on wild game cooking class lead by professional chef, Daniel Nelson, of Gourmet Gone Wild featuring “Curried Rabbit.” A wildlife expert will be on hand to discuss game management, hunting and enjoying Michigan’s great outdoors.
- Explanation about how to properly process a rabbit.
- Demonstration and step-by-step walkthrough of how to prepare and cook the dish, including important rules in handling and preparing wild game, in general, in addition to specific steps for the dish.
- An MSU Extension professional explanation of how to obtain your own wild cooking ingredients, including information about hunting and fishing specific to Michigan
- Hands-on meal preparation in our state-of-the-art teaching kitchen
- Meal tasting, discussion, and question-and-answer with the Chef
- Take home any left-overs, as well as recipes prepared in class and tips
Instructor: Chef Dan Nelson, Gourmet Gone Wild