Private Event Sales Manager
Location: Grand Rapids Downtown Market
THE GRAND RAPIDS DOWNTOWN MARKET IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Private Event Sales Manager is responsible for selling and coordinating corporate and social events for event facilities in the Downtown Market.
Visit our online application to see our full job description, and if you decide to apply please include a resume, cover letter, three references. Submissions will only be accepted online through completion of this application. We will not consider any candidates or review any materials that are submitted via walk-in, phone, fax or email.
- Proactively prospect clients for corporate events, social events, weddings, and private culinary experiences through inbound and outbound sales efforts.
- Solicit multiple sources and leads.
- Promote and maintain exceptional customer service while maximizing sales profitability.
- Respond to telephone and email inquiries regarding private event rentals and private culinary experiences.
- Maintain an active trace/follow-up system on all sales calls.
- Work in close relationship and partnership with events team, facilities team, and culinary team to ensure events are organized and well communicated in advance.
- Ensure events are carried out to client specification and satisfaction
- Finalize all bookings, maximizing all revenue potential by upselling in all revenue producing areas.
- Prepare sales proposals and contracts, and ensure deposits and payments are made in a timely manner.
- Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
- Seek public relations, networking and marketing opportunities to expand client pool.
- Monitor delivery of goods and services to ensure contract terms are satisfied.
- Establish new and existing client base to ensure that sales expectations are met or exceeded.
- Achieve growth through team and individual sales goals.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, those listed above. As with every other job at the Grand Rapids Downtown Market, every person in the organization will assist in any way necessary to respond to new demands and to assure a cooperative work environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proactive sales person with proven track record.
- Experience in organizing and managing special events such as corporate meetings, weddings, receptions, etc.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Driven, self-starter; prefers working in a fast-paced and high growth environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with Salesforce.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in business, hospitality, or other related field required.
- 3+ years experience in private event sales, demonstrated success in hitting sales goals
- 3+ years experience in coordinating and directing private events
- 3+ years experience in building effective relationships
- 1+ years of Salesforce experience.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Fast paced office environment with frequent contact with employees and collaboration across departments.
- Frequent computer work and the ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Is this you?
You exhibit the following traits -Honesty, Trustworthy, Genuine, Integrity, Authentic, Ethical
You get it done.
- Take initiative
You are a team player.
- Caring of others
You have a positive attitude.
- Celebrate success
You’re go to answer is not “no.”
- Problem solver
- Forward thinking
The Downtown Market works to provide opportunity and resources for food entrepreneurs that strengthen and celebrate the local food economy.
This full-time exempt position includes health insurance, vision and dental insurance, short term disability insurance, life insurance, paid time off, 401(k)…and that’s not even the fun stuff!
BENEFITS…THE FUN STUFF
What else do you get? Well, this is how much we value this position…
- Team-building activities year-round.
- Individual professional development opportunities.
- Free culinary and beverage classes.
- Participation in employer supported healthy living challenges
- Mad Cap Coffee on demand!
- Super fun place to work everyday....lots and lots of delicious food options!
- Food. Did we mention the food!?