Part-Time Facilities Crew Member
Location: Grand Rapids Downtown Market
The Grand Rapids Downtown Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are hiring for full-time facilities crew member positions.
This position is part of the Facilities team and will assist in keeping areas of the facility clean, assist with event set-ups and tear downs, maintain the truck dock area, and contribute to the Greenhouse and Teaching Kitchen departments.
Availability Required: Candidates must be available to work nights and weekends
Compensation: Depending on experience, $11-$14 per hour
All employees must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
Applications, resumes and letters of recommendation are being accepted online and at the Downtown Market Administrative Office at 435 Ionia Avenue SW, in Downtown Grand Rapids. No phone calls please.
- Monitor all interior and exterior areas of the Market for cleanliness including: lobby areas, dining areas, delivery areas, offices, and facility rental areas.
- Assist with outdoor/grounds projects.
- Remove trash and debris from surround exterior areas including parking lot, sidewalks, and landscaping.
- Maintain and clean commercial kitchens as needed.
- Clean, upkeep and restock public and private restroom facilities on regular basis.
- Oversee trash/cardboard compactors and assist with trash training with tenants.
- Monitor and upkeep loading dock area.
- Manage custodial cleaning and waste/recycling system, including biodigester.
- Assist with event set-ups and tear-downs.
- Assist with maintenance and upkeep of greenhouse.
- Assist in the teaching kitchen as dishwasher when needed.
- Assist in maintaining Facilities Processes and Procedures Manual.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work days, evenings, and weekends. Hours may vary.
- Minimum 1 year experience in general maintenance, housekeeping and/or janitorial.
- Ability to multi-task, attention to details, customer service oriented, and positive attitude a must.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and manage one's own time.
- Ability to lift tables and chairs/heavy lifting.
- Ability to interpret a floor plan and set-up tables and chairs accordingly.
- Punctual with good attendance record.
- Good communication skills.
- Constant standing/walking.
- Ability to carry up to 40 pounds.
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
Must be able to access all areas of facility. Must be able to tolerate extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, pollen, custodial and other chemicals, and inclement weather conditions. Heavy lifting required. All employees are subject to background check and drug screening.