Location: Grand Rapids Downtown Market
THE GRAND RAPIDS DOWNTOWN MARKET IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Our team and programs are growing, so we are looking for a Rock Star Admin to work with our leadership and management team, supervise administrative team members, and be involved in all operations of our fast-paced organization. Some weekends and evening availability is required.
Please include a resume, cover letter, three references. Submissions will only be accepted online through completion of this application. We will not consider any candidates or review any materials that are submitted via walk-in, phone, fax or email.
IF YOU DESCRIBE YOURSELF LIKE THIS…PLEASE APPLY!
- You are a turbocharged multi-tasker who works on several (not just two) things at once, not because that’s the job, but because that’s the only way you know how to do things.
- You have thought about changing your middle name to “Organization” because it just feels right.
- You take great pleasure in finding the best deal for us, after all we run a fiscally responsible organization!
- You can do the following in your sleep: answer phones, manage vendors, schedule calls and meetings, arrange travel, and replenish supplies.
- You have an incredible capacity to remember, kind of like the memory of an elephant.
- You move effortlessly between Excel, Word, and all Google supported platforms – and are considered to be a guru.
- You get things done ahead of time, not on time.
- Your area of comfort includes working with a team that is always busy
- You make minimal mistakes. Because you are incredibly detail-oriented. Incredibly detail oriented.
- You thrive on providing the BEST customer service experiences for people.
- You have ran an office efficiently and seamlessly.
- Provides assistance to the President/CEO and team of Directors/Managers.
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments, calendar management.
- Perform general office duties and day-to-day administrative tasks including organizing, scheduling and setting up meeting rooms.
- Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Manages the reception area and other administrative coordinators to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
- Supervises and coordinates overall administrative activities for Office Administration.
- Creates and develops reports.
- Develops Administration budget annually.
- Process invoices, credit card reconciliation and coding, cash management, light bookkeeping duties.
- Supervises the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities.
- Negotiates and manages the purchases of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc, for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
- Manages and maintains access cards database, distributes building access cards as needed.
- Participates as needed in special department projects.
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, forms, spreadsheets, agendas and e-mails.
- Manage e-filing and filing systems.
- Book travel arrangements, coordinate staff team building activities and meetings.
- Greet guests in person and on the phone and answer questions about the Market.
- Run errands including: making change at the bank, sending packages at the post office (Reliable transportation is must).
- Assist staff members with various projects.
- Coordinate with IT/Technology department on all office equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong interpersonal skills required. Must be pleasant, helpful, friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and courteous.
- Strong background in customer service.
- Must be team-oriented.
- Must be a self-motivator and motivator of others.
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Able to handle team concerns in a tactful and caring manner.
- Exhibits good leadership skills in communication. Speaks well and can motivate others.
- Writes clearly and precisely with meaning.
- Must be a pro at anticipating needs and troubleshooting problems.
- Must be an Excel, Word, and Google platform guru.
- Spanish proficiency is a plus.
- Three - five years experience in supervisory position required, preferably in an office management position.
- Must have in-depth experience in customer service.
- Bookkeeping experience helpful, Quickbooks experience a plus.
- Salesforce experience a plus.
Associates degree required, Bachelors degree preferred.
This full-time exempt position includes health insurance,dental, vision, short term disability insurance, life insurance, paid time off, 401(k)…and that’s not even the fun stuff!
BENEFITS…THE FUN STUFF
What else do you get? Well, this is how much we value this position…
- Team-building activities year-round.
- Free culinary and beverage classes.
- Individual leadership and growth plan.
- Participation in employer supported healthy living challenges
- Mad Cap Coffee on demand!
- Food, did we mention the food!?
The Downtown Market is a professional office. While the atmosphere is to reflect the spirit of fun and excitement, professional conduct, communication and responsibility to job functions is maintained at all times. All employees are subject to background check and drug screening.