Location: Making Thyme Kitchen
Making Thyme Kitchen has an opening for Kitchen Staff.
We are a one-of-a-kind, small food business that produces made-from-scratch entrees, sides, salads, and desserts daily. We sell our products by the lb. and pre-packaged from our retail space at the Downtown Market, and through our delivery service.
- Strictly adhere to food code.
- Work well with other people and treat everyone with respect.
- Are willing and capable of doing whatever needs to be done.
- Proficient math skills.
- Take direction, and are self motivated.
- Responsible and mature.
- Provide exceptional customer service to everyone.
- Knowledgeable about food and can answer all customer questions.
- Strong work ethic, responsible and mature.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Effective time management skills.
- Love of good food.
- Available for flexible scheduling, weekends and holidays.
- Experience in prepping and cooking in a commercial kitchen.
- Knowledge of and experience working with meats, poultry, fish, salads, sides, mains and baking.
- Excellent knife skills.
- Ability to follow recipes – efficiently producing consistent results.
- Can produce products for special dietary needs - ie. gluten free
- Maintain a spotless kitchen.
- Culinary degree a plus, not required.
- Work retail when needed.
Position is hourly, 20 to 40 hours a week.
Year round position.
No phone calls accepted.
Send a resume, references and availability to:
Making Thyme Kitchen
435 Ionia SW, #110
Grand Rapids, MI 49503