Graphic Design Intern
Location: Grand Rapids Downtown Market
THE GRAND RAPIDS DOWNTOWN MARKET IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This May-August internship position is under the direction of the Creative Manager, and requires 20-30 hours per week. Minimum hours: 300.
Skills and Requirements:
We're looking for a graphic design intern who has a fun and exciting eye for digital and print design. The Graphic Design Intern will work closely with the Creative Manager to create marketing materials and promotions for the Grand Rapids Downtown Market. We have a small marketing team and therefore rely on our creative interns to perform a variety of tasks relating to the development of each department of the Market.
- Assist with the creation of promotional materials
- Assist with asset discovery and photo library cataloging
- Create and update promotional flyer templates
- Assist online team with graphic support
- Maintain art files
- Other design duties (relative to experience)
- Macintosh computer literacy is essential
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Ability to manage one's own time.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Ability to take constructive criticism well
- Ability to be detailed and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
Pursuing degree in Graphic Design, or other relevant Major to this position. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is essential. Photography/video skills are not necessary, but will be extremely helpful in obtaining this internship.
- Highly organized.
- High–energy, friendly attitude.
- Honest and ethical.
- Reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfills obligations.
The Downtown Market is a professional office. While the atmosphere is to reflect the spirit of fun and excitement, professional conduct, communication and responsibility to job functions is maintained at all times.
All employees are subject to background check and drug screening.
Applications, resumes and any other submission materials will only be accepted online through completion of this application. We will not consider any candidates or review any materials that are submitted via walk-in, phone, fax or email.