Digital Marketing Specialist
Location: Grand Rapids Downtown Market
THE GRAND RAPIDS DOWNTOWN MARKET IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Digital Marketing Specialist will lead all Downtown Market marketing efforts regarding promotions, classes, internal events, and all Market-related activities across all social media platforms.
Additionally, this position will be responsible for writing Market e-mail blasts, newsletters, and blog management.
This position will work closely with the Creative Manager to assure all digital marketing initiatives are on brand and communicating the Market message.
Visit our online application to see our full job description, and if you decide to apply please include a resume, cover letter, three references. Submissions will only be accepted online through completion of this application. We will not consider any candidates or review any materials that are submitted via walk-in, phone, fax or email.
IF YOU DESCRIBE YOURSELF LIKE THIS…PLEASE APPLY!
- You are a turbocharged multi-tasker who works on several (not just two) things at once, not because that’s the job, but because that’s the only way you know how to do things.
- You move effortlessly between social media platforms - people marvel at your skills daily.
- You get things done ahead of time, not on time.
- Your area of comfort includes working with a team that is always busy.
- You make minimal mistakes, because you are incredibly detail-oriented. Incredibly detail oriented.
- You love the food and beverage culture that is being created in Grand Rapids and also love to take pictures of food...and eat a lot of food.
- You love to be out and about building relationships and gathering the endless content that lives within the Downtown Market and resonates with our customers.
Here is what you will be responsible for:
- Creating and executing content strategy for the Downtown Market’s social media presence, including creating plans and programs for existing platforms to drive sales, engagement and create trust
- Scheduling all social media content across all platforms Ability to produce high-quality photos and video for social media.
- Managing Facebook ads for brand awareness and sales
- Developing and coordinating digital marketing campaigns
- Devising strategies to drive online traffic to the Downtown Market website
- Improving the usability, design, content and conversion of the Downtown Market website
- Comfortable with performing keyword research and implementing SEO and SEM
- Managing online campaigns to raise brand awareness with our amazing Creative Manager. Experience with Google Adwords
- Evaluating customer research, market conditions and competitor data
- Developing and nurturing relationships with tenants as part of a traffic-driving initiatives
- Collaborating with other departments on approach for specific program promotion
- Managing email marketing programming and website management in partnership with Creative Manager
- Exploring and ACTIVELY participating in emerging social media trends and tools. Recommends how to leverage new platforms to meet business needs and strategy and increase awareness, trust and loyalty
- Providing consultation to Market Hall tenants regarding best social media practices
- Tracking and measuring engagement on social forums on an ongoing and project-specific basis
- Data - able to report on followers, engagement, impressions and conversion growth
- Working within allotted budget
- Managing all 3rd party tools, including Pixel, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and SumoMe
- Creating and managing all blog content and email blasts, incorporating sales strategies
- Gathering blog material from Downtown Market tenants and staff
- General web edits
- Other duties as assigned
This is what you have a ridiculous amount of SKILLS in:
- Proven experience in managing and creating social media content, 5 years experience preferred
- Ability to create, implement and execute a strategy across multiple social media channels
- Proven track record of using Facebook ads to enhance sales
- Understands social media platforms and their algorithms
- Exceptional writing skills
- Strong photography and videography skills
- Basic website backend updating experience
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, highly dynamic work environment
This is what you learned in school:
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, and/or Advertising
This full-time exempt position includes health insurance, vision and dental insurance, short term disability insurance, life insurance, paid time off, 401(k)…and that’s not even the fun stuff!
BENEFITS…THE FUN STUFF
What else do you get? Well, this is how much we value this position…
- Team-building activities year-round.
- Individual professional development opportunities.
- Free culinary and beverage classes.
- Participation in employer supported healthy living challenges
- Mad Cap Coffee on demand!
- Super fun place to work everyday....lots and lots of delicious food options!
- Food. Did we mention the food!?
The Downtown Market is a professional office. While the atmosphere is to reflect the spirit of fun and excitement, professional conduct, communication and responsibility to job functions is maintained at all times. All employees are subject to background check and drug screening.