Creative Assistant (Internship)
Location: Grand Rapids Downtown Market
THE GRAND RAPIDS DOWNTOWN MARKET IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Thank you for submitting your application for employment with the Grand Rapids Downtown Market. This part time (paid internship) position is under the direction of the Creative Manager.
The Creative Assistant will work closely with the Creative Manager to create marketing materials and promotions for the Grand Rapids Downtown Market through photo and video.
This position requires 20-25 hours per week and would primarily occur Monday-Friday, but some nights and weekends may be required.
Applications, resumes and letters of recommendation will only be accepted online through completion of this application. We will not consider any candidates or review any materials that are submitted via walk-in, phone, fax or email.
Skills and Requirements:
- Photography skills (taking pictures and editing)
- Videography skills (coordinating video shoots, taking video, editing)
- Animation skills (simple graphic animations in Adobe After Effects)
- Basic Web Editing skills (Squarespace backend editing and publishing)
- Ability to manage one's own time.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Ability to be careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
Pursuing degree in Marketing, Photography/Videography/Animation, or other relevant Major to this position. Strong copywriting skills. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
The Downtown Market is a professional office. While the atmosphere is to reflect the spirit of fun and excitement, professional conduct, communication and responsibility to job functions is maintained at all times. All employees are subject to background check and drug screening.