Administrative Coordinator (PT)
Location: Grand Rapids Downtown Market
THE GRAND RAPIDS DOWNTOWN MARKET IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This part time position is responsible for providing administrative support to ensure efficient operations of the Downtown Market office. This position will support managers, employees, and guests through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication.
This position is under the direction of the Office Manager and works in partnership with one other administrative coordinator. He/she will serve as the first person people see and interact with as they enter or call our offices. Applicants must be available evenings and weekends.
Applications, cover letters, resumes and letters of recommendation will only be accepted online through completion of this application. We will not consider any candidates or review any materials that are submitted via walk-in, phone, fax or email.
IF YOU DESCRIBE YOURSELF LIKE THIS PLEASE APPLY!
- Your customer service skills are second to none!
- You are a turbocharged multi-tasker who works on several (not just two) things at once, not because that’s the job, but because that’s the only way you know how to do things.
- You have thought about changing your middle name to “Organization” because it just feels right.
- You can do the following in your sleep: answer phones, manage vendors, schedule calls and meetings, arrange travel, and replenish supplies.
- You have an incredible capacity to remember, kind of like the memory of an elephant.
- You move effortlessly between Excel, Word, and all Google supported platforms – and are considered to be a guru.
- You get things done ahead of time, not on time.
- Your area of comfort includes working with a team that is always busy
- You make minimal mistakes. Because you are incredibly detail-oriented. Incredibly detail oriented.
- Perform general office duties and day-to-day administrative tasks including organizing, scheduling and setting up meeting rooms.
- Answer main phone line, take messages, and direct phone calls to appropriate parties.
- Maintain distribution lists.
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, forms, and e-mails.
- Develop and maintain a filing system.
- Order office supplies.
- Book travel arrangements.
- Greet guests and answer questions about the Market.
- Assist guests with class registration and scholarship program enrollment.
- Assist with Downtown Market gift certificate sales and food assistance token transactions.
- Balance cash boxes and prepare deposits.
- Run errands including: making change at the bank, sending packages at the post office (Reliable transportation is must).
- Assist staff members with various projects.
- Prepare reports, memos, letters, agendas, and spreadsheets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- Proven administrative or assistant experience.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, basic book-keeping procedures, and other office procedures.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software, internet tools, and other technologies.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Provides excellent customer service and is reliable, honest, and ethical.
- Willing to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Displays a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Minimum two years experience in an administrative position
- Familiarity with book-keeping and standard accounting procedures is desirable
- Associates Degree in business, hospitality, or other related field required.
This part-time non-exempt position includes holiday pay opportunities and a 401(k)…and that’s not even the fun stuff!
BENEFITS…THE FUN STUFF
What else do you get? Well, this is how much we value this position…
- Team-building activities year-round.
- Free culinary and beverage classes.
- Participation in annual staff basketball tournament (HORSE).
- Participation in employer supported healthy living challenges
- Mad Cap Coffee on demand!
- Super fun place to work everyday....lots and lots of delicious food options!
The Market Admin office is open to the public: Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m., Saturday from 9:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m., and Sundays from 10:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m.
The Downtown Market is a professional office. While the atmosphere is to reflect the spirit of fun and excitement, professional conduct, communication and responsibility to job functions is maintained at all times. Attire is business casual.