Location: Grand Rapids Downtown Market
THE GRAND RAPIDS DOWNTOWN MARKET IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to ensure efficient operations of the Downtown Market office. This position will support managers, employees, and guests through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication.
This position is under the direction of the Office Manager and works in partnership with other administrative coordinators. He/she will serve as the first person people see and interact with as they enter or call our offices. Applicants must be available weekends.
Applications, cover letters, resumes and letters of recommendation will only be accepted online through completion of this application.
- Perform general office duties and day-to-day administrative tasks including organizing, scheduling and setting up meeting rooms.
- Answer main phone line, take messages, and direct phone calls to appropriate parties.
- Maintain distribution lists.
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, forms, and e-mails.
- Develop and maintain a filing system.
- Order office supplies.
- Book travel arrangements.
- Greet guests and answer questions about the Market.
- Assist guests with class registration and scholarship program enrollment.
- Assist with Downtown Market gift certificate sales and food assistance token transactions.
- Balance cash boxes and prepare deposits.
- Run errands including: making change at the bank, sending packages at the post office (Reliable transportation is must).
- Assist staff members with various projects.
- Prepare reports, memos, letters, agendas, and spreadsheets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- Proven administrative or assistant experience.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, basic book-keeping procedures, and other office procedures.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software, internet tools, and other technologies.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Provides excellent customer service and is reliable, honest, and ethical.
- Willing to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Displays a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Minimum two years experience in an administrative position
- Familiarity with book-keeping and standard accounting procedures is desirable
Associates Degree in business, hospitality, or other related field required, Bachelor Degree preferred.
The Market Admin office is open to the public: Sunday through Thursday from 10:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m., Friday from 10:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m., and Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.
The Downtown Market is a professional office. While the atmosphere is to reflect the spirit of fun and excitement, professional conduct, communication and responsibility to job functions is maintained at all times. Attire is business casual.